Pages

Wellkom!
How to get the most from this blog... While visiting turn on one of my favorite songs brought to you by youtube and snag a Kjenn Jie Noch (what we use) Wi Leahre Plautdietsch (also good) I have linked to them. Top posts are in ascending order thus if it is your first time visiting start at the end. If you wish to have a scanned copy of any image I own email me, they are free for personal use. My personal library is open for research to local GMR's and students, for use on site only.
Gott saajne!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Plautdietsch Mennonite Low German Language

So in some previous posts I have given you a few basic Plautdietsch words, pronunciations and meanings.  Do you find yourself asking what the heck is Plautdietsch?
Go to Wiki and you find this...
A low Prussian variety of East Low German with Dutch influences.
Jo, daut!
(Yes, that!)
;)

Mein
Grootfoda, Grootmutta, 
Foda, en Onkel und  ne Taunt 
have all used this dialect.

I have been fascinated with it since I was a little girl.  I loved hearing the stories they had to tell 
and they were mesmerizing.
 Unless, they spoke to me out of frustration.
With my feisty passionate attitude I was the recipient of the above frequently;)

So where should you start if you wish to understand our
  Plautdietsch Low German Mennonite language...

Kjenn Jie Noch
Plautdietsch
a Mennonite low German Dictionary by Herman Rempel
$16.95 from Mennolink.org

To go along with the Dictionary you can 
hear pronunciations at this link

I am currently working on some flashcard .pdf files for the girls. 
 I will share them with you as they are completed.  
*Note* I am letting the girls pick the words they are interested in 
so the flash cards are going to be a bit random.  
click image, print on white card stock and cut out.
Gott Saajne!

1 comment:

  1. At Ziyyara Edutech, you don't need to worry about your child's Online home tuition in Karnataka fees as we offer cost-efficient online tutors in Karnataka.
    Call Our Experts :- +91-9654271931

    ReplyDelete