Pages

Wellkom!
How to get the most from this blog... While visiting turn on one of my favorite songs brought to you by youtube and snag a Kjenn Jie Noch (what we use) Wi Leahre Plautdietsch (also good) I have linked to them. Top posts are in ascending order thus if it is your first time visiting start at the end. If you wish to have a scanned copy of any image I own email me, they are free for personal use. My personal library is open for research to local GMR's and students, for use on site only.
Gott saajne!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fleisch Kuchele

Fleisch Kuchele   
Meat Pies

Pronounced as flesh-keek-la
There are as many recipes out there as there are spellings for Fleisch Kuchele
today I am sharing the recipe from
Pioneer Tradition*Modern Nutrition
If you live in our area Meridian Corner 
(intersection of 81 and 18 south of Freeman SD)
has Fleisch Kuchele on special every Thursday, the photo you see above is from Meridian Corner.
This recipe is served with pickles this day I ordered fried pickles, add some mustard and ketchup and dig in.


Sift together 3 C flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
Add
1 Beaten Egg
1/4 C melted shortening
about 3/4 C milk
Gently knead and divide into 2 parts
Roll each part into a 16" square
Cut each 16" square into 4" squares
Fill with a spoonful of the following Meat Mixture
1 1b Hamburger
1 tsp salt
pepper and onion (I use one small finely chopped onion) to taste

Fold dough and seal edges tightly.
Fry in deep fat until brown
Makes 30
These freeze wonderfully!

Gott Saajne!

No comments:

Post a Comment